Team up with Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service and the Princes Trust
Posted on Thursday 5th January 2017
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service will be running a new Prince’s Trust Team programme from Eccles Fire Station starting on Monday 23rd January and are looking for young people aged 16-26 to take part and face the challenge. The course is full time for 12 weeks and is FREE to join.
The course involves a series of challenges designed to improve employability, such as a Community Project, Team Challenge and a team building residential. There is also the opportunity to complete a two week work placement and complete training exercises with the Fire Fighters.
What our previous Team members say:
“It’s given me qualifications to help me get a job” – Matthew
“I’ve gained interview techniques and Job Search Skills” – Declan
“I found all parts of the course very useful” – Sam
Benefits for young people taking part include:
• We provide a monthly bus pass to anyone who gains a place on the Team. This can be used on any bus within Greater Manchester.
• Benefits not usually affected.
• Take part in a Fire Fighter Experience Day and have access to potential progression into the Fire Service
• Gain a Level 1 Prince’s Trust Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills.
• Level 1 Food Hygiene qualification.
• First Aid at Work qualification.
• PEARL Certificate. This recognises employability skills.
• Access to online learning for Maths and English.
If you would like any further information or would like to apply for a place on the Team, please contact Gina Marks, Team manager on 07966 099 931 or call for free on 0800 555 815.