There are a lot of great opportunities available at Salford City Radio; from admin, news reading, fundraising, interviewing, outside broadcasting to studio and volunteer support. All of our presenters are volunteers and dedicate anything from one hour up to an entire day towards their voluntary work at our award-winning community radio station. Salford City Radio can help you meet new friends, improve confidence, teach you lots of new skills and improve your CV.
Message from Paul Barber, Station Manager - Please Read The Following:
We will soon be holding "open days" for volunteers. This is an ideal opportunity to come down to the station, take a tour, meet presenters, find out more about how the station operates and the various roles. We'll even have a brew and biscuit ready for you! Please note that spaces are limited - we receive hundreds of emails every month from people asking for voluntary work or a short work experience placement. When contacting us, send us a CV and make yourself stand out from everybody else!
As we receive so many emails and letters a week asking for information on how to get involved as a volunteer, it is important that when you get in touch you provide the following information in order to be considered for a placement, show or general voluntary work:
- What would you like to do at Salford City Radio? (admin, outside broadcasting, technical support, fundraising, etc).
- Why do you want to get involved with Salford City Radio?
- What is your availability?
- List your media/music experience (if any), skills and interests
- You must be over 16
- You must ideally live or work in Salford
- You must have a passion for Salford life and real desire to promote the wealth of activities that are happening in Salford
- You would ideally be able to commit to around two hours or more a week of voluntary work
Do you have something to offer our community radio station? Then please get in touch with the information requested in bold above and email it to the Station Manager email@example.com
You will then be contacted, added to our waiting list and invited to the next open day.
We look forward to hearing from you!